I'm not going to lie: dessert was a little bit rushed today! Andrew (the hubby) and I are in the middle of moving out of our apartment, we're both busy at work and training ourselves once or twice a day, 6 or 7 days per week. I also started teaching Yoga at Hook Up Muay Thai today, so the time I usually spend prepping for dessert was a little limited. Enter: Chocolate Almond Hazelnut Butter Bites.
I'm not sure if you've had them in the last little while, but do you remember how yummy Reese's Pieces were? I haven't had them in years but I remember how delicious they were, with the downside being the laundry list of ingredients on the back of package. Something about the dark chocolate and peanut butter together struck the perfect balance. However, I recently discovered, you can make a yummier, cleaner (fewer ingredients, all organic & NO added sweetener) version, with just two simple ingredients: Organic Dark Chocolate Chips and Almond Hazelnut Butter!
Here are the deets:
- 1 cup of organic, dark chocolate chips (I use gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup of Almond Hazelnut (or just Almond) Butter
- In a small saucepan, melt the dark chocolate chips over low heat
- Paint/Fill in Candy molds with a thin layer of the melted dark chocolate
- I actually just covered a baking sheet with parchment paper and filled in some cookie cutters with the melted chocolate!
- Place Candy molds/cookie cutters filled in with chocolate in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Remove the molds from the freezer, and scoop in Almond Hazelnut butter
- Cover Almond Hazelnut butter with the remaining melted dark chocolate
- Place back in the freezer for at least 10-15 minutes or remove treats from the freezer when ready to serve!
And thats it! So simple and easy, and unbelievably delicious! You can pair these with vanilla ice cream, fresh seasonal berries, or even just enjoy them on their own!
Happy munching friends!
P.S Don't forget to check out the Small But Mighty Build and Burn program starting July 4th! We still have space and would love to have you join us!